Sunday, October 6, 2013

July 15th

Mom!
Geez I miss you. Thanks for holding back on the packages. I know it makes it easier on my companion for sure. That being said, next time you do send a package, do you think you could send me some colored pens? Black, blue, red, pink, purple, I need pens! Haha, besides the Spirit and her companion, a missionary's best friend is a good writing pen. Those pens you sent in the sunshine box are PHENOMENAL but I lost one and I am clinging to the other one because it is so awesome and I don't want to lose it. 

Also, I was wondering if you could find sheet music for this song I've really become attached to. It's called "Savior Redeemer of My Soul." I've been listening to it and singing it all the time because it is really helping me to stay focused.  I would love to play it on the piano or sing it at Zone Training Meeting or something. I tried to find it on lds.org, but they only have the hymn version. Someone rewrote the melody and it's freaking beautiful. It's like the new "Come Thou Fount" :)

Thanks for the updates, I love hearing about the fam.

Here's a couple excerpts from my letter to President Wall-
Exchanges are going great. I loved my time with Sister Tuft. We both needed some time to just work hard and have fun, and it was so cool- when we established that purpose at the beginning of the exchange (we pretty much both said that we needed to both chill out) the Lord provided a way for us to work super hard but have fun doing it. We went and fed ducks with a less active, and talked about joy and finding God's hand in our lives. We served an investigator by pulling weeds while wearing her funny sun hats, we ate a delicious meal at a returning member's house, we laughed and served with a member, our weekly planning was a revelatory experience (accompanied by a bag of doritos and icees) and we went and tracked down some less actives that I've never met before, all while telling funny stories in the car about how being a missionary is like one big awkward moment that lasts a year and a half. My spirits felt lifted, and I think Sister Tuft felt lifted too. The Spirit told me and Sister Palmer pretty strongly who should go where for our exchange with LSU, and I'm glad we listened.

Thanks for all the love and support! I love you more than words can say!
Love,
-Johanna





No comments:

Post a Comment