Sunday, October 6, 2013

July 1, 2013 Answering more of Mom's questions!

Hey mama!
Thanks for all the family updates! 

To answer your questions...
1. How is the new comp? Does she "get" our sense of dysfunctional humor? 
She has her own unique sense of humor, but we are working together and thankfully we have the gospel to unite us and bring us together. She goes home at the end of this transfer, so we will only be together six weeks. But I'm praying for strength and to love her and I can feel it coming. She really is wonderful and I'm so grateful that I get to learn from her before she goes home.

2. Is the weather nasty? Are your "glaayses" still fogging up when you step out of your apartment each day? 
Yes and yes! Our little chevy malibu's air conditioner has a hard time battling the heat. It hasn't gotten over 100 yet but with the humidity it gets pretty sticky.

3. Are you still getting enough dinner appt.?
 It slowed down a little bit because it's summer and because we weren't at church last week to pass around the dinner calendar because Sister Jones was sick, but people are always ready and willing to help us. I am really coming to love this ward, and they are really make an effort to be more involved with missionary work and home/visiting teaching (which is really just member missionary work).

4. Are you making sure to drink enough water and not get heat exhaustion?
 Yes! Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for sending that water bottle! The new one I bought just didn't cut it. So glad I have my little Brita bottle wherever I go. I'm trying to drink at least 3 bottles a day, and gradually move that up to 4 and maybe 5. Apparently September is the hottest month.

5. Are you needing us to send you a GPS?
 Not yet. Sister Jones and Sister Palmer have both had them, but I will need one maybe next transfer depending on who my companion is and if she has one or not. 

Please give John and extra big hug for me. I'll be sending him and Sinos notes in the mail. Love you all so much! Thanks for taking such good care of me!
Love-

Sister Chausow

No comments:

Post a Comment