Monday, April 8, 2013

First P-Day in Baton Rouge

Hello familia!!!

So here I am, on LSU campus, sitting in the LSU library, writing home to the family that I love so much. It's been a crazy first week. 

Things I love:
-My companion - Sister Olsen is 27, super smart, a little crazy, and very patient. We work well together and she is happy to let me take 30 minute naps during our lunch break. Our strengths complement very well the other person's weaknesses.
-The area - I love Baton Rouge, it is green and beautiful, and not at all dry. LSU campus is like a jungle school and I love walking around here. 
-The members - the members of the YSA ward are so excited to have sisters for the first time in over two years, and they are so willing to help us with rides of information. Now we just want to get everyone pumped up about finding people for us to teach...
-Missionary work - I love that when people look at my name tag they see the Savior's name. I want so badly to emulate Him and help others feel of His love. 

Things that are difficult:
-My companion - Sister Olsen has some interesting ideas about the gospel, and is very analytical. Thankfully, she puts aside what she doesn't know and focuses and on what she does know most of the time.
-The area - it's really intimidating to talk to people my own age about the gospel. I have to really push myself to talk to the LSU students.
-Missionary work - I struggle to know the right things to do or say, and I worry that I don't have the Spirit with me enough. I want so badly to do right by the Lord and help His children. Like Elder Bednar says, though, I need to quit worrying so much about whether or not I am feeling the Spirit, just be a good girl, keep my covenants, and know that everything will work out.

I had my first good cry, so now that that is out of the way I'm ready to stop thinking about myself and just think about others. Hopefully the work will pick up now that spring break is over and we are finding our way around (we got double transferred in so neither of us really knew what was going on).

Love you all and hope all is well at home. My new address is: 
1645 Brightside Dr.
Apt#102
Baton Rouge, LA 70820

Hugs!
-Sister Chausow

No comments:

Post a Comment