Monday, January 27, 2014

The Terrific Trio

Hey Daddy!
Just a quick note to tell you that I love you! And thanks for inspiring me to keep going! Who knew that missions could be so hard? But they are also super fulfilling. :)

We are settling in after transfers, I love my companions (still in a trio) and we continue to work hard in the Denham Springs. We kind of left 2nd ward out in the cold a bit - the work just isn't progressing there as much, and working in 1st ward brings more immediate results, so of course I go for more of the instant gratification... We will be repenting this week, don't worry.

I'm copying and pasting my President's letter. Hope that's ok.

I love you so much and I'm so thankful that you're my dad. I don't know what I did in the pre-mortal life to deserve being born to a family where I have a super solid Mom and Dad AND the restored gospel. Such a blessing.
You rock my socks!
-Johanna

Aloha President!

Well, this week's been another one for the books. I can't believe the Lord let me and Sister Reckseik serve together. We have waaaay too much fun together, while at the same time she has been whipping me into shape obedience-wise (turns out I've been slacking and I didn't/kind of did realize it. She is awesome!) and I've been trying to help build her confidence (she thinks she ruined Chalmette and McComb - what the heck? So weird. Even my confidence isn't that bad) and help her see how awesome she is. And Sister Venable is just great as always. So basically, I'm really excited for this transfer - still serving the people I love with companions that I love and am so excited to work with with!

So I've been wondering if maybe we haven't been blessed with much progress with some of our investigators and less actives because we haven't been being as obedient as we should've. I've been rationalizing a LOT and I'm not repenting because of it. It was hard at first/I was kind of annoyed by Sister Reckseik following all the rules, but that's the natural man in me. My spirit is super excited to be obedient again, because I really believe that obedience is how we show God that we love Him. And I'm so excited to be more dedicated at showing my love. I truly believe that we are going to be more blessed than we have been in the past as we are more obedient than we have been in the past. 

We are excited also to start exchanges with the Sisters this week. We will be exchanging with the Hammond Sisters and I'm really excited to get to know the sisters better. I feel a little isolated in Denham just because we don't see other missionaries much, but that's a good thing I think. Anyways, I'm excited to be able to learn from my fellow sister missionaries in the zone and help them in any way I can. This assignment has also motivated me to be on my best behavior - basically more incentive to be more exactly obedient, which just feels good.

This week's tender mercies:
-R is back on track to be baptized on February 15th. 
-We have been trying to do at least one finding activity each day. As we've contacted potential investigators and try more to talk to everyone I feel the spirit of urgency starting to take hold and I have a growing desire to share this gospel with everyone!
-We have a warm trailer home
to protect us from the cold and ice!
-We are working better with the members! We are really trying to get involved and its going awesome. We are going to have at least 3 legit member present lessons this week and I'm so excited! 
-We had a really fun P-Day last week and it felt so good to just laugh with my really good friends.

K, President, thanks for all you do! You are awesome!
-Sister Chausow


PS to the Family: Here's a picture of me playing with a big fat puppy (also named Jack) after doing some service. 




No comments:

Post a Comment