Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Christmas...almost!!!

Hey Mom and Dad! Glad to hear that you are back safe and sound in Wisconsin and that your trip went well.

Things are good here - Sister Klein got transferred and now I am with Sister Lucherini - she is from Logan Utah, 22 years old, and has been out for 3 months. She is awesome and we both come out of shells more and more each day. :)

First of all, so sad to hear about Gordon Meier. But happy for him that he got to go home after living such a wonderful life. He will missed, but I know he will be busy on the other side.

Don't have a ton of time today, so just some highlights-
-Started this 40 day purification thing where you fast and ask the Spirit to tell you what you need to eliminate so that you can have the Spirit as more of a constant companion. And you make a list of 10 things you are going to stop doing or start doing, and then you covenant with Heavenly Father to not do those things for 40 days. It's this cool thing that Elder Gene R. Cook talked about when he was mission president and is now spreading around our mission.
-Started teaching C. Please pray for her that she will understand the Plan of Salvation and that she will have the desire to come to church. We are teaching her the PoS tomorrow with a member. Our first lesson was kind of random and spontaneous, so hopefully the second lesson goes well. I think it's going to either make or break whether we keep teaching her.
-I'm buying a scale today. After talking with Sister Wall, I have decided to try to lose 1 pound per week for the rest of my mission. I have about 40 weeks left, so I will be able to lose everything that I gained while I was here and then some. I'm excited!
-I got our car stuck in the mud yesterday. I was trying to turn around on the grass so my companion wouldn't have to back, but it had been raining a ton and the ground was really saturated, and we got totally stuck. Mr. Albert, the nonmember husband of this less active lady in 2nd ward tied a rope to our hitch and to his van's hitch and pulled us out. It was awesome. We gave him some muffins as a thank you and promised that we are going to fix the hole we made in  his yard. Oops.
-The zone leaders are now the elders in Denham 1 and I freakin love them. They are so fun. So nice to be with elders that I don't have to struggle to like. :)
-We get to skype next week! Still not sure what time. I'm thinking maybe 11am? Is that ok? We still haven't talked with the family that agreed to let us come over - they have been out of town for 3 weekends. Yikes. I will let you know for sure what's up next week.

Other than that it was a pretty quiet week. Hope all is well at home. Know that I love you so!

-Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment