Tuesday, January 21, 2014

John likes asparagus?

Mama!

Oh man, once again, thanks for the great update! And also, thank you for the pictures and the package! So so awesome and much needed! You rock my socks :)

So yeah, not getting transferred, but I will be getting a new companion as Sister Lucherini is leaving. And we are actually in a trio right now - Sister Venable joined us last week thursday after zone conference. She is really sweet. Also, Howard of Crane and Howard is getting transferred to New Orleans. We filmed the first episode of the morning show today during pday and it was hysterical. Elder Crane is going to edit it now, and I can't wait for you to see it. I ended up being director/producer/scriptwriter/wardrobe consultant/concept artist( came up with the ideas for the segments), it was probably the most fun pday I've had my whole mission. I came up with a segment called "Homeless with Howard" where we follow Howard around as he tries living like a hobo for a few days. It's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen. Also, we have several outtakes where Crane and Howard get a little messed up on their lines. My favorite faux pas was when Howard said "Good evening and welcome to the.....crap." lol. It was pretty hilarious. We all decided that we would film more episodes when we get home from our missions, so don't worry, Jill the Jolly Juggler will have her day in the spotlight!!!

I've been asked to be a Sister Trainer Leader again so I'm gearing up for that. The Spirit is helping me to not freak out and stress out. I'm just going to trust that the Lord will help me do whatever I need to do. It'll be a good experience, I just know it.

So did I tell you that Brooke Wilson/Emery wrote to me and told me that she and Amanda are pregnant? Katie had her baby a few months ago, and Lauren Brown is also pregnant. I feel like I should write a book - "All My Friends Are Pregnant" lol. It'll be a best seller.

Well Mama, sorry that this is a short one again. I do love you and miss you lots, but this work is great. You get to feel some of the greatest of joys and also some of the worst of sorrows. It seems like everyone we thought would get baptized pretty quickly has either stopped progressing or fallen off the wagon entirely, but I know that as long as I keep working hard and being obedient, it's all good. Dad told me that Joseph Fielding Smith didn't baptize anyone on his mission, but his mission prepared him for his later service in the church. That gave me a LOT of hope. I've been starting to question what I'm doing wrong - why no one is getting baptized. But I've learned so much since I've been in Denham Springs, so even though we haven't baptized anyone since we've been here, it's ok. I'm growing, and I'm so thankful for that.

Love you more than all the asparagus in the world! (Yeah, seriously, since when did Joh start liking asparagus...? Not that I'm complaining haha)

-Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment