Thursday, May 22, 2014

To: Daddy April 28, 2014

Hey daddy!

First of all, yes! I did get the stuff from Angermeier/Rogers like 2 weeks ago and I signed it and put it in the mail the next day. It should've made it to yall by now....

Freakin Hawks, they are so great! Are Kaner and Toews still out? 

That is so cool about John and Kira! I will pray for her and I'm always praying for him of course. The Lord always comes through in the way that the investigator/potential investigator needs the most. Like one time, we had this less active lady come to Relief Society, and the lesson started out about Joseph Smith (and I was like, oh no! This is just going to confirm to her that we are brainwashed or something!) and it ended up being a really spiritual lesson about the Savior, and she told us later that she felt the spirit so strong during the meeting and she loved the teacher and wanted to meet her and get to know her. It was a miracle! I have learned to trust the Lord when people come to church - he brings people when they need to be there and they hear what they are supposed to hear, which takes a lot of pressure off of us :)

Love those quotes from Preach My Gospel. So true - I just need to remember them more. Thank you for reminding me!
I studied chapter 8 , about setting goals and planning and accountability. The quote from Pres. Monson really struck me - "Where performance is measured, effectiveness improves. Where performance is measured and report, the rate of effectiveness increases." Or something like that. And it's so true - last transfer I was writing down when and to who I gave a Book of Mormon away. And i gave out a bunch! More than I've given out my whole mission! This transfer, I haven't been doing that, and I've noticed that my effectiveness at giving away copies of the BoM has decreased - I have really given out as many. So I think if I start writing it down, I will be more accountable to myself and my performance will increase. Also, I want to start giving the Lord an accounting of my day in my nightly prayers. I think that if I know that I will be accountable to the Lord daily, I will do better at achieving some of the goals that I've set for myself.

R is doing awesome. She asked me to speak at her baptism, and I feel super humbled. J parents disowned her because she is "brainwashing" her kids. It's a mess, but it's ok, we are going to help her and the Lord will help her and protect those kids. Please pray for them. 

I love you so much! Thank you for all your love and support!
Love,

Sister C.

No comments:

Post a Comment