Thursday, May 22, 2014

Letter for Dallas

Hey Dallas!
Hope you had a great Easter! Easter time as a missionary is so awesome because it gives you even more chances to share the good news of the gospel. 
I got a new companion last week - her name is Sister Biver (Bee-VAIR) and she is from France. She is awesome - she is helping me to be more happy and have more fun with the work instead of being serious and intense and anxious all the time. It's just too hard to live that way. :)

Is it warming up in Wisconsin? It will be in the 70's and 80's down here in New Orleans and the sunshine makes me so happy.

So something fun that we did on Easter was we "egged" the bishop's family's door. We cut out and colored easter eggs and made cookies, and then we taped the eggs on the door and left the cookies on the doorstep. Then we knocked and ran away haha! It was so fun. I'm attaching a picture of our work :)

Also, last week for Preparation Day we went to downtown New Orleans and we went to this place called Pepper Palace. Its a little store where they sell all sorts of hot sauce and spicy jams and jellies and stuff. They rate the spiciness of everything on a scale of 1-10 and they have a challenge where you eat just a teeny bit of the hottest hot sauce in the world - it is rated 10+++! You have to sign a waiver to do it and you have to be over 18 haha. So my district leader persuaded me to do it and then our whole district ended up doing it and we were all crying and red in the face for about 30 minutes, it was awful. I'm never doing that again...but they took our picture and put it on their website - pepperpalace.com I think. You should check it out and see if you can see me! :)

Hope you all have a great week! I got the packages with the magazines and the checks - thank you so much! I didn't realize yall were moving away from Wisconsin. When is that happening? And do you know where you're going? 

Love yall lots! 

-Sister Chausow

No comments:

Post a Comment