Monday, May 6, 2013

5 investigators, Zone conference, and crawfish corn chowder!

Hey family - 

Just a quick email to thank you all for your email, letters, and support! I could not be doing this without you! I will get letters in the mail today, but I just wanted to send a quick electronic update:

We are teaching five investigators right now, two who I have high hopes for. M. has "hippie parents" and never had religion in her home and she really wants more in her life. K.'s grandma, who took him to a baptist church, passed away and he really misses her. We are excited to teach him about the Plan of Salvation and give him the hope that he can be with her again one day. Both are member referrals, and members are really what makes missionary work happen!

We had Zone Conference this past week and it was so great. WE learned a ton about teaching with the Book of Mormon and with the pamphlets. Confession: I have never seen a pamphlet before in my life, but they are awesome! Ask the missionaries for some and use the questions in the back to direct your personal study one day. They simplify the gospel and help us remember what's important. So great! And of course, it's always good to hear from President Wall and his wife - they are the best ever. President Wall is super kooky, but I feel the love of the Savior through him, and I need that more than anything else. And Sister Wall taught beautifully about Elder Holland's talk "Lord I Believe" and I felt so uplifted. Zone Conference was made even better by the fact that Baton Rouge 2nd ward fed us delicious sandwiches, Crawfish Corn Chowder, and brownies and icecream. I've learned that well-fed missionaries are happy and productive missionaries! :)

I love this work and I feel humbled and blessed to be a part of it. I miss you all and hope that all is well in your lives! Never forget that the Savior loves you and it is only though him that we can make it through this life and return to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father. I hope that we can all make it there together!
Love, 
Sister Chausow

No comments:

Post a Comment