Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy Happenings!!


Hello to my family who I love so much!
Here's a quick update on the goings on down here in Baton Rouge-
It is hot hot hot! And it is made more so by the humidity. Seriously, my glasses fog up when I get out of the car or leave the apartment, that's how humid it is.
Also, we've been eating a ton of jambalaya - don't be alarmed if I've turn into a large bowl of jambalaya by the time I get home. It's so freakin' delicious, I might eat myself if I actually turned into jambalaya....
We had a ton of meetings this week, so we didn't get as much teaching in as we'd like, but we were definitely strengthened by our meetings. This last Zone Training Meeting was the most spiritual meeting I've been in so far, and the Spirit was so strong, you could almost cut it with a knife. Even when me and Sister Jones were instructing, we were still learning, and that's when you know the Spirit is teaching - when both the teacher and the hearer are edified.

Another highlight of the week was our 12 Week Training. For the first three months you're in the field, you are supposed to have an hour of training each day based on this 12-Week In Field Training Plan that the Missionary Department/Apostles came up with. We have been slacking off, not doing training, and yesterday we finally made time to sit down and walk through weeks 9 and 10. And even though we'd been putting it off, we actually enjoyed it and learned a ton! A ton about the Spirit, and ton about the symbols in the temple, and a ton about ourselves. It was amazing. We truly made our apartment a holy place yesterday, because we were learning from Preach My Gospel and the scriptures through the Spirit. And the funny thing was that we were learning about the Holy Ghost. It was almost as if the Holy Ghost was saying, "Hooray! You are finally making time to learn about me! Let me bless you with my presence so that you can not only learn about me, but learn about what I feel like." It was so cool to uncover the mysteries of God. I was truly humbled and felt the acceptance of the Lord during that time yesterday.

Another happy thing is that Sister Jones and I are growing closer in companionship unity. We set goals and make plans everyday to tweak our teaching, tweak our routine, and tweak our obedience, so that we can be more aligned with the will of the Lord. One of the things that means the most to me in a friend is the ability to help me be a better person. And Sister Jones has that. I really hope we have another transfer together so that we can continue to push each other and grow together. :)

I love serving the Lord so much. We've been doing a ton of yard work, we clean peoples' houses, we help with ward activities, and we wash dishes wherever we eat. It's so true when they say that people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. And as I've served people, I come to love them. If I have a hard time with someone, that's on me, because I haven't done my part to serve them. Heavenly Father has provided us a way to love everyone - and that way is through service. The Atonement kicks in when we serve, it heals our wounds and our sorows, and it enlarges our heart. I'm so grateful for the Atonement - it's the only way I can get up at 6:20am every morning. I rely on it for everything, and I have come to love my Savior by using it. This mission is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Seriously, why did I ever not want to serve a mission?
Love you all a bunch!
-Sister Chausow

No comments:

Post a Comment